Monday, March 15, 2010

Grant's Tomb/Steven's Duck Weekend

Well it was wet enough Saturday to scare away all the ducks from coming out on Sunday. They must have been water logged in the Hudson. Anyway, hats off to both Columbia and Stevens for running some great races against some horrible weather. My toes are still thawing out from Saturday.

Women's racing blew me away this weekend. The category changes seem to be working out well. Women's intro on Saturday was insane. That was the worst weather I've ever raced in, I would have gladly taken a blizzard over that and yet we still had intro Women toughing it out to practice cornering and getting races under their belts. It was cool.

Joining the ranks of the Women's A terrified me, you girls are FAST. Even faster than you looked from the sidelines last year. I would have to ride my bike for 72 hours a day to come close to keeping up. But then... there is Anna McLoon... you are the wonder woman of the weekend. She raced in Men's B at the circuit, finished with the pack, turned around and took up camp in Women's A/B staging...I was jaw-dropped at that point. But that's not all. No, far from it.
She went on to WIN the race. I only have one word: "Daaaammmmnnnn."

So women's racing has become very interesting there will be a close race for the Series Leader Jersey over the next few weekends, but for now I believe Anna McLoon will be keeping it in her closet.


Over and Out
-Maggs

Oh P.S.: ECCC Women's Racing is so hot right now that even the New York Times took notice, yeah intro women, we got interviewed about what you are up to. Props, keep racing, see y'all at Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment